Monday, 7 November 2016

English Rhymes

Knees and Toes

Head, shoulder, knees and toes, kees and toes
This is the way my body goes.
Ears, eyes, nose and mouth, nose and mouth
This is the way my face goes.

Hop a little, Jump a little

Hop a little, jump a little,
    One two, three;
Run a little, skip a little,
    Tap one knee;
Bend a little, stretch a little,
    Nod your head;
Yawn a little, sleep a little,
    In your bed.

Bring back my Bonny to me

My Bonnie lies over the ocean, my Bonnie lies over the sea
My Bonnie lies over the ocean, bring back my Bonny to me.

CHOROUS
Bring back, oh bring back, Oh bring back my Bonnie to me, to me. Bring back, oh bring back, Oh bring back my Bonnie to me.

Last night as I lay on my pillow, Last night as I lay on my bed,
Last night as I lay on my pillow, I dream'd that my Bonnie was dead.

REPEAT CHOROUS

O blow ye winds over the ocean, O blow ye winds over the sea,
O blow ye winds over the ocean And bring back my Bonnie to me.

REPEAT CHOROUS

Wee Willie Winkie

Wee Willie Winkie  
Runs through town,
Upstairs and downstairs 
In his nightgown,
Knocking on the window,
Crying through the lock
"Are the children all in bed?     It's past eight o'clock."

Mary Had a Little Lamb

Mary has a little lamb, 
    Its fleece was white as snow;
And everywhere that Mary went,
    The lamb was sure to go.
It followed her to school one day,
    That was against the rule;
It made the children laugh and play,
    To see a lamb at school.



Little Bo-Peep

Little Bo-Peep
    Has lost her sheep,
And doesn't know 
    Where to find them;
Leave them alone
    And they'll come home,
Wagging their tails
    Behind them.



Jack and Jill

Jack and Jill went up the hill,
    To fetch a pail of water;
Jack fell down and broke his crown,
    And Jill came tumbling after.

Up Jack got, and home did trot,
    As fast as he could caper,
He went to bed to mend his head,
    With vinegar and brown paper


Incy Wincy Spider

Incy Wincy spider 
Climbed up the water spout;
Down came the rain 
And washed the spider out.
Out came the sunshine
And dried up all the rain;
Incy Wincy spider
Climbed up the spout again.

Two Little Hands

Two little hands go clap, clap, clap
    Two little feet go tap, tap, tap;
Two little eyes are open wide,
    One little head goes side to side


Baa, Baa Black Sheep

Baa, baa, black sheep
     Have you any wool?
Yes sir, Yes sir,
     Three bags full:
One for my master,
     And one for his dame,
And one for the little boy
     Who lives down the lane.

Here we go round the Mulberry bush

Here we go round the mulberry bush,
     The
mulberry bush, the mulberry bush,
Here we go round the
mulberry bush,
     On a cold and frosty morning.
This is the way we wash our hands,
     Wash our hands, wash our hands,
This is the way we wash our hands,
     On a cold and frosty morning.
This is the way we wash our face,
     Wash our face, wash our face,
This is the way we wash our face,
     On a cold and frosty morning.
This is the way we comb our hair,
     Comb our hair, comb our hair,
This is the way we comb our hair,
     On a cold and frosty morning.
This is the way we polish our shoes,
     Polish our shoes, polish our shoes,
This is the way we polish our shoes,
     On a cold and frosty morning.

Its Raining, Its Pouring

It's raining, its pouring,
The old man is snoring;
He went to bed,
And bumped his head,
And couldn't get up in the morning.


Teddy Bear Teddy Bear

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear,
    Turn around;
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear,
    Touch the ground.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear,
    Polish your shoes;
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear,
    Off to school.



No comments:

Post a Comment